Hours: 37.5 FT
Salary and benefits: Salary dependant on experience
Reporting to: Team Head
Purpose of the job:
- Providing general commercial property support to the rest of the team, including investment sales and purchases, Landlord and Tenant and property development.
- To ensure the successful development of the firm in line with the group and firm business plans.
- Candidates must be able to conduct matters unsupervised and be able to provide support for more junior lawyers.
Key responsibilities (not an exhaustive list):
- Conduct of matters on behalf of clients accurately, reliably and in accordance with the firm’s quality and risk management procedures (Lexcel and SRA Code of conduct).
- To generate fee income and ensure proper control of time recording, work in progress, billing and cash collection in line with agreed targets unless exceptional circumstances apply.
- Take an active part in business development opportunities on behalf of the team and firm.
- Supervision and support of fee earning work undertaken by colleagues to cover absence and holidays for example.
- Participation in marketing activities whether on a firm wide, group or office basis.
- Attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care.
- Manage the preparation of correspondence and documents through the case management system.
- Be effective in developing new work from existing clients and seek new clients for themselves and others.
- Maintain and nurture an appropriate network of contacts and referrers and endeavour to promote the firm in your professional and personal life.
- Gain and maintain good IT and telephone skills appropriate to modern legal practice; such as the ability to use the case management system and other standard applications, record time, use e-mail, conduct research on the internet and use office facilities and the phone system.
Skills and attitude:
- In tune with the firm’s mission statement and core values and committed to demonstrating and developing these.
- A team player within the group and firm as a whole.
- Efficient, well organised, and timely.
- Effective communicator by telephone, face to face and in writing.
Experience and education:
- Admitted as a solicitor with a minimum of 5 years PQE in Commercial Property
- Other experience and relevant qualifications relating to Commercial Property
- Agricultural experience useful, but not essential
- Ability to attract new work
- Landlord/ estate experience essential
- Experience with site assembly for both residential and commercial developments, including dealing with planning agreements and infrastructure agreements
- Report to and be supported by the team head.
Please note, SAS Daniels LLP will not share your personal information with any third parties, unless requested by you, but may share your personal information internally within the firm for the purposes of recruitment. To learn more, view our privacy notice.