Reporting to: Partner – Head of Employment Team
Salary: Dependant on experience – minimum 4-5 years PQE
Location: Based in the Stockport Office, but must be willing to travel to our other offices in Chester, Congleton and Macclesfield when required.
Purpose of the Job
To undertake fee-earning work and provide a profitable contribution to the work of the group.
- To ensure the successful development of the firm in line with the group and firm business plans.
- To manage a caseload of Tribunal work and settlement agreements without supervision.
Key Responsibilities (not an exhaustive list)
Conduct of matters on behalf of clients accurately, reliably and in accordance with the firm’s quality and risk management procedures (Lexcel and SRA Code of conduct).
- To generate fee income and ensure proper control of time recording, work in progress, billing and cash collection in line with agreed targets unless exceptional circumstances apply.
- Take an active part in business development opportunities on behalf of the team and firm.
- Supervision and support of fee earning work undertaken by colleagues to cover absence and holidays for example.
- Supervision of other fee earning colleagues if required.
- Participation in marketing activities whether on a firm wide, group or office basis.
- Attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care.
- Manage the preparation of correspondence and documents through the case management system.
- Manage filing in both the paper and Seneca file which may include filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the procedures contained in the office manual.
- Attendance and participation at group meetings.
- Be effective in developing new work from existing clients and seek new clients for themselves and others.
- Maintain and nurture an appropriate network of contacts and referrers and endeavour to promote the firm in your professional and personal life.
- Gain and maintain good IT and telephone skills appropriate to modern legal practice; such as the ability to use the case management system and other standard applications, record time, use e-mail, conduct research on the internet and use office facilities and the phone system.
Skills & Attitude
- In tune with the firm’s mission statement and core values and committed to demonstrating and developing these.
- A team player within the group and firm as a whole.
- Efficient, well organised, and timely.
- Effective communicator by telephone, face to face and in writing.
Experience & Education
- Admitted as a solicitor or legal executive or equivalent
- Previous experience in covering a wide range of employment matters and with Tribunal and advocacy experience.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and cover letter to: [email protected] Thank you for your interest in SAS Daniels LLP.
Please note, SAS Daniels LLP will not share your personal information with any third parties, unless requested by you, but may share your personal information internally within the firm for the purposes of recruitment. To learn more, view our privacy notice.