Hours: 3 or 4 days per week
Salary and benefits: £22,000 FTE, plus a full range of benefits available
Other details: Previous Legal Secretary experience in the Corporate and Commercial sector is required.
Purpose of the job:
The primary role of the Legal Secretary/PA is to provide direct support to their line manager, the Managing Partner and the department to enable the team to operate at optimum efficiency. This will include but will not be limited to the responsibilities given below. The Legal Secretary is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative to ensure the smooth running of the firm. This position is based at our Chester office.
Key responsibilities (not an exhaustive list):
- Legal Secretary/PA to the Managing Partner – supporting with all administration and duties as directed.
- Attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care.
- Prepare correspondence and documents through the case management system.
- Administer filing in both the paper and Seneca file which will include filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the procedures contained in the office manual.
- Prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch and collect/deliver mail to the post room.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and client’s documentation and information.
- Arrange for all tasks such as copying, scanning, binding, booking couriers to be done, in person if the office assistant is not available to undertake the task.
- Make appointments, book travel arrangements, arrange meetings, and to maintain an up to date Outlook diary for your manager and others in the department if required.
- Book and prepare rooms for meetings as necessary and tidying and clearance of the room/s afterwards.
- Provide reception cover and prepare refreshments when asked to do so.
- Provide support to other offices, teams and secretaries when time is available and when requested by your manager or team manager.
- Provide guidance to other secretaries and temporary secretaries when required to do so. E.g. on correct procedures for the department, Lexcel, use of facilities and the case management system.
- Undertake training when required and have a responsibility towards self-development.
- Attendance and participation at team meetings when requested.
- Gain and maintain IT and telephony skills appropriate to modern legal practice; specifically, the systems and facilities used by the firm. (Seneca, transcription, MS Office, Laser forms, i-Room, Outlook, Internet explorer, Excel, PowerPoint, Invoice inputting, phone system etc.)
Skills and attitude:
- In tune with the firm’s mission statement and core values and committed to demonstrating and developing these values.
- Effective communicator with clients, visitors and colleagues by telephone, face to face and in writing.
- Typing skills (Audio 80+ wpm) with good accuracy and attention to detail.
- Carry out a range of tasks in an orderly, timely and conscientious way.
- A team player with a positive and cheerful attitude.
Experience and education:
- Secretarial experience in a Legal Corporate and Commercial Sector is essential.
- Department specific knowledge and RSA 2 is desirable.
- Report to and be supported by the Managing Partner and other Partners in the Corporate/Commercial team.
Please note, SAS Daniels LLP will not share your personal information with any third parties, unless requested by you, but may share your personal information internally within the firm for the purposes of recruitment. To learn more, view our privacy notice.