As this is an entry level position, it would be best suited to a college level applicant who has just completed their A levels and is looking to start their career.
The ideal location would be if the person lives within a 10 mile radius of Macclesfield, Cheshire.
Working week: Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 5:30pm
Salary: £14,000 in first year to increase to £15,000 in second year
Benefits: A generous package including the following;
- 24 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays + additional 3 days between Christmas and New Year + birthday day off
- Sick pay scheme
- Pension scheme
- Life cover
The apprentice is expected to use a high degree of self- discipline and initiative to ensure the smooth running of the support functions within the team. You must also endeavour to complete your apprenticeship course to the best of your ability through our training provider.
- Attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards of client care.
- Open new files through the case management system and prepare initial correspondence and documents.
- Administer filing in both the paper and Seneca case management file which will include scanning post and saving it to the Seneca file, filing and the opening, closing and storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the procedures contained in the office manual.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all of the firm’s and clients’ documentation and information.
- Arrange for all tasks such as copying, scanning, binding as required by the fee earner.
- Provide support to other offices, departments and secretaries when time is available and when requested by your line manager or department manager.
- Undertake training when required and have a responsibility towards self-development.
- Attendance and participation at departmental meetings when requested.
- Gain and maintain IT and telephone skills appropriate to modern legal practice; specifically, the systems and facilities used by the firm (Seneca, transcription, MS Office, Laserforms, i-Room, phone system etc).
- Assist with Will enquiries, to include making appointments, booking meeting rooms, opening files and sending our pre- meeting information
- Preparing Wills and associated documents
- Assist with Will signings
- Checking identification of beneficiaries
- Lodging Severances of Tenancy at Land Registry
- In tune with the firm’s mission statement and core values and committed to demonstrating and developing these values
- Effective communicator with clients, visitors and colleagues by telephone, face to face and in writing
- Conscientious, with strong attention to detail
- Carry out a range of tasks in an orderly, timely and conscientious way
- Highly determined individual with the passion and drive for a career in the legal sector
- A team player
- Positive and cheerful attitude
- Educated to A-Level standard
- A minimum of 5 x GCSEs including maths, English and a science at grade C/4 and above
- SAS Daniels LLP support and encourage professional development and if you show aptitude there is the possibility of progressing onto further qualifications.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected].html_class="careersform"
Please note, SAS Daniels LLP will not share your personal information with any third parties, unless requested by you, but may share your personal information internally within the firm for the purposes of recruitment. To learn more, view our privacy notice.