Reporting to: Partner or Senior Fee Earner
Term: Full time, permanent (37.5 hours)
Salary range: £22,000-£24,000
Purpose of the job
- To assist a senior fee earner on a substantial caseload of employment tribunal matters from start to finish.
- To assist other fee earners within the team, including drafting documents and administrative tasks where required.
Key responsibilities (not an exhaustive list)
- Assist a senior fee earner on a caseload of employment tribunal matters from start to finish.
- Conduct legal research.
- Provide support internally and complete supportive tasks that are deemed necessary.
- Liaise with clients and keep them up to date on the progress of their case.
- Support fee earners on their drafting of legal documents, such as Tribunal forms, schedules of loss, taking instructions from clients, handling settlement discussions.
- Attending Tribunal where required to provide assistance and note taking.
- Typing up attendance notes.
- Manage filing in both the paper and electronic file which may include file opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the procedures contained in the office manual.
- Attendance and participation at group meetings.
- Gain and maintain good IT and telephone skills appropriate to modern legal practice; such as the ability to use the case management system and other standard applications, record time, use e-mail, use printing and scanning facilities, conduct research on the internet and use office facilities and the phone system.
Skills & attitude
- Knowledge of employment law and sound commercial awareness.
- Knowledge and experience of the Employment Tribunal system and Employment Tribunal Rules of Procedure
- In tune with the firm’s mission statement and core values and committed to demonstrating and developing these.
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- A team player within the group and firm as a whole.
- Efficient, well organised, and timely.
- Effective communicator by telephone, face to face and in writing.
- Ability to use initiative independently and to be proactive where appropriate.
Experience & education
- 2/3 years previous Paralegal Employment support experience and relevant training and/or qualifications to be able to work independently.
- Report to and be supported by a Partner or other senior fee earner.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]els.co.uk
Please note, SAS Daniels LLP will not share your personal information with any third parties, unless requested by you, but may share your personal information internally within the firm for the purposes of recruitment. To learn more, view our privacy notice.