Office location: Congleton
Hours of work: Full time 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Salary: £18K – £20K per annum, dependent on experience
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer/ Congleton Office Manager
Purpose of the job
The role is designed to provide SAS Daniels LLP with full administrative support as well as professional and welcoming reception at the firm’s offices. This involves supporting the office with a range of administrative tasks, as well as managing a reception desk; greeting clients and visitors and making them feel welcome whilst also managing a busy telephone switchboard.
There is a high degree of responsibility for projecting the right image and ethos of the firm at all times. You are the professional yet friendly face of SAS Daniels LLP.
- Provide administrative support to the office as well as the management team to include accurate scanning of incoming post, copying and binding documents, assisting with the preparation of bundles, filing, archiving and collating papers.
- Receive, greet and process all clients and visitors to the firm in a helpful, friendly and professional manner, ensuring visitors are aware of access and parking.
- To manage call handling and to operate the telephone switchboard firm wide, receive and channel calls to the relevant person and take messages in a professional, efficient and friendly manner.
- Ensure incoming post and DX is collected, opened and stamped for a partner to review and arrange for outgoing post and DX to be processed efficiently.
- Liaising with external suppliers e.g. confidential shredding, waste collection, landlord on building repairs, PAT testing and IT equipment, fire extinguishers, cleaning services etc.
Skills & Attitude
- In tune with the firm’s mission statement and core values and committed to demonstrating and developing these values
- Previous experience of working in the legal sector desirable
- Effective communicator with clients, visitors and colleagues by telephone, in writing and face to face
- Carry out a range of tasks in an orderly, timely and conscientious way
- A team player with a positive, flexible and cheerful attitude
- Undertake training and have a responsibility towards self-development
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Other Administration Tasks
- Ensuring the office is Covid secure and cleaning supplies are stocked appropriately
- Monitoring stationery and supplies for office to ensure stocks are maintained at the appropriate level and ensuring copiers are stocked on a daily basis.
- Provide fast and accurate typing and document management as required.
- Ensuring documents are stored confidentially and that papers are archived in cabinets and locked at end of each day.
- Handling petty cash for office to include liaising with Accounts, keeping reconciliation of cash on a daily basis and forwarding petty cash slips to Accounts team.
- Ensure cheques received are logged and sent to Accounts promptly.
- Ensure list of key holders is kept up-to-date and that central records are updated.
- Gain and maintain IT and telephony skills appropriate to modern legal practice; specifically the systems and facilities used by the firm (Seneca, transcription, MS Office, workplace, phone system).
- Supporting office events to include booking meeting rooms, arranging catering and assisting marketing team with issuing and collating replies to invitations.
- Arranging transport for office events when required.
Other Reception Tasks
- To prepare rooms for meetings as necessary and ensure the reception area and meeting rooms are clean and tidy and ready for visitors, ensuring local paper, folder of articles and press are held in reception and TV is in working order.
- Ensure video conferencing system is ready for meetings.
- Provide guidance and training to other receptionists or support staff covering reception.
- Manage reception cover to ensure that reception is always staffed during holidays, lunch breaks, and each working day.
- Where necessary, to monitor office signing in and notify reception of absences.
- Book and arrange refreshments for employees and their visitors.
- Ensure all areas of the office are safe for employees and visitors, moving obstacles from fire exits and making your line manager aware of any hazards that need remedial action.
- Ensure new staff from other offices who are visiting are made to feel welcome, introduced to office staff and office facilities.
This is a service position and will evolve over time to meet the changing needs of the business.
Please note, SAS Daniels LLP will not share your personal information with any third parties, unless requested by you, but may share your personal information internally within the firm for the purposes of recruitment. To learn more, view our privacy notice.