The Cheshire Business Awards that took place on 08 October celebrated the enterprise and vision of businesses, large and small, which work hard to drive the economy in our region – very welcome with the tough few years many businesses have faced.
SAS Daniels LLP was the executive sponsor of the 2010 Awards, as well as sponsor to the Women in Business award category, with Kaye Whitby representing SAS Daniels on the night.
The gala presentation evening at Chester’s Crowne Plaza hotel was the culmination of months of excitement and anticipation as short-listed companies waited to find out if they had won one of our prestigious awards.
The awards were judged in nine categories, and the winners were as follows:
- Business Start-Up – Formula Fun Entertainment Ltd (FFE) based in Knutsford
- Small Business – Integra People a Warrington-based recruitment firm
- Medium Business – Valsave Engineered Solutions Ltd of Middlewich
- Large Business – Flowcrete UK Ltd of Sandbach
- Employer of the year – Elior UK Services of The Courtyard, Macclesfield
- Community Award – Bank of America Europe Card Services (BAC ECS)
- Young Business Person – Victoria Dodd of Rope Green Farm Day Nursery
- Women in Business – Diane Johnson of Eric Johnson of Northwich Ltd
- Business Person of the Year – Andrew Donaldson, founder of the BiG Storage company
This year the judges created a special award, the Judges’ Choice Award, for Blueleaf a creative agency based in Spurstow, who was shortlisted in three separate categories.
The event was hosted by ITV news presenter Lucy Meacock who praised the enterprise and commitment of the region’s businesses and said that creating employment and giving people the chance of a career was invaluable to the economy of the county.