On Friday 7 October, leading North West law firm, SAS Daniels LLP were proud to sponsor the prestigious Cheshire Business Awards 2016.
The awards, run by Trinity Mirror Cheshire, took place at the stunning Chester Cathedral and welcomed businesses and individuals from across the region. Guests were greeted with canapés and Prosecco, followed by a welcome address from Trinity Mirror’s Executive Editor Michael Green and Managing Director Carl Wood, in memory of former colleague Eric Langton. The awards ceremony then took place, during which guests enjoyed a superb four course dinner.
As well as being the executive sponsors, SAS Daniels also sponsored the Business Person of the Year category. This award recognises an individual that has demonstrated leadership, made an outstanding contribution and has been a positive influence in stimulating business growth and development throughout Cheshire.
Kaye Whitby, Partner and Head of SAS Daniels’ Chester office, said: “We chose to sponsor this award as we are extremely proud of the wealth of talent there is in Cheshire. We were delighted to present the award to Colin Brew, Chief Executive Officer of West Cheshire and North Wales Chamber of Commerce, who is a superb ambassador for local businesses. Colin has worked tirelessly for the last six years to link the public and private sector together in order to drive change that ultimately benefits businesses throughout Cheshire.”
The ceremony, hosted by ITV’s Lucy Meacock, featured 12 awards which were sponsored by a variety of businesses throughout the region.
The winners of Cheshire Business Awards 2016 were:
- Green Business Award – The Land Trust.
- Liverpool John Lennon Airport’s Corporate Social Responsibility Award – Chester Racecourse.
- Business Start Up Award – Businesscomparison.com.
- Innovation and Enterprise Award – Chester Cathedral.
- Employer of the Year Award – Barlows UK Ltd.
- Barlows UK Ltd’s Apprenticeship Award – Everybody Sport and Recreation.
- Scottish Power’s Business of the Year (up to 10 employees) Award – Lucy Quartermaine.
- Natwest’s Business of the Year (11 to 50 employees) Award – d3t Ltd.
- Business of the Year (over 50 employees) Award – Tyres On The Drive.
- Bentley Motors’ Young Business Person of the Year Award – John Brown and Tom Haworth of TechnoSpark.
- SAS Daniels LLP’s Business Person of the Year Award – Colin Brew of West Cheshire and North Wales Chamber of Commerce.
- Judges’ Choice Award – Cheshire Farm Ice Cream.
Jeremy Orrell, Partner and Head of SAS Daniels’ Corporate team, said: “SAS Daniels have been extremely proud to be involved in the Cheshire Business Awards again this year. It was truly inspiring to see so many businesses who we know have made significant investments to ensure that Cheshire remains a high growth area and a magnet for investment. Well done to all the winners and finalists.”