On Friday, 6 October the Cheshire Business Awards 2017 took place at the stunning Chester Cathedral. Leading Cheshire law firm SAS Daniels LLP were once again proud to be the headline sponsor of the prestigious awards.
The awards, run by Trinity Mirror Cheshire and hosted by ITV’s Lucy Meacock, welcomed over 300 people including some of Cheshire’s key business people and politicians to celebrate the success of Cheshire as a thriving business community.
As well as being headline sponsors, SAS Daniels also sponsored the Business Person of the Year category. This award recognises an individual that has demonstrated leadership, made an outstanding contribution and has been a positive influence in stimulating business growth and development throughout Cheshire. This year’s winner of the award was Professor Tim Wheeler, the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Chester.
Commenting on the award, Jeremy Orrell, Managing Partner of SAS Daniels said: “We chose to sponsor this award as we are extremely proud of the wealth of talent there is in Cheshire. We were delighted to present the award to Professor Tim Wheeler, who is a superb ambassador for local businesses. Tim has worked tirelessly during his time as Vice-Chancellor, seeing the university expand into new campuses and publishing more than 120 articles, books and research reports. He demonstrates outstanding achievement and inspires many others around him.”
As part of SAS Daniels’ support for the awards two Partners, Kaye Whitby and Jeremy Orrell, sat on the judging panel for what was a record year of entries with a 51% increase. On the night, the ceremony saw 11 awards presented to local businesses.
The winners of Cheshire Business Awards 2017 were:
- Innovation and Enterprise Award – The Ice Cream Farm
- Creative Impact Award – Big Brand Ideas
- Corporate Social Responsibility Award – ASH Group Limited
- Employer of the Year Award – The Chester Grosvenor
- Business Start Up Award – Maths of the Day
- Business of the Year (up to 10 employees) Award – Businesscomparison.com
- Business of the Year (11 – 50 employees) Award – Salary Exchange Ltd
- Business of the Year (over 50 employees) Award – Chester Zoo
- Young Business Person of the Year Award – Lee Cullen, No Brainer
- Judges’ Choice Award – The Rossendale Trust
- Business Person of the Year Award – Tim Wheeler, University of Chester
Kaye Whitby, Partner and Head of SAS Daniels’ Chester office, commented on the awards: “Having supported the awards for eight years as well as sitting on the panel of judges, I continue to be impressed by the high quality of the businesses and the strong entrepreneurial drive that is evident year after year.
“SAS Daniels is passionate about being involved in the awards, as we see first-hand the positive impact entering and winning an award can have. Congratulations to all those businesses that won and were shortlisted. We were very proud to be part of the awards and to celebrate success on the night.”