We are always interested to hear from solicitors and related professionals who are looking for new opportunities. If you would like to have a confidential discussion about working for one of the most progressive law firms in the North West please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our HR team on 0161 475 7676.
We are currently looking for:
Employment Law Solicitor
We are seeking No Ordinary Employment Solicitor. You will probably already have 3-6 years PQE with a keen interest in business development. The Employment & HR team are based in Stockport and we provide support to our other three offices. You will be required to have your own car with a clean UK driving licence. Excellent salary dependant on experience together with a full range of benefits and genuine career prospects.
- Title: Employment Solicitor
- Reporting to: Team Head
- Salary range: Dependant on experience
- Experience: 3-6 years. PQE
- Location: Based out of our Stockport office you will also support Macclesfield and Congleton offices therefore you will be required to have your own car with a clean UK driving licence.
Purpose of the job
- To undertake fee-earning work and provide a profitable contribution to the work of the team.
- To ensure the successful development of the firm in line with the group and firm business plans.
Key responsibilities (not an exhaustive list)
- Conduct of matters on behalf of clients accurately, reliably and in accordance with the firm’s quality and risk management procedures (Lexcel and SRA Code of Conduct).
- To generate fee income and ensure proper control of time recording, work in progress, billing and cash collection in line with agreed targets unless exceptional circumstances apply.
- Take an active part in business development opportunities on behalf of the team and firm.
- Supervision and support of fee earning work undertaken by colleagues to cover absence and holidays, for example.
- Supervision of other fee earning colleagues if required.
- Participation in marketing activities whether on a firm wide, group or office basis.
- Attend clients both in person and on the telephone to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care.
- Manage the preparation of correspondence and documents through the case management system.
- Manage filing in both the paper and Seneca file which may include filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the procedures contained in the office manual.
- Attendance and participation at group meetings.
- Be effective in developing new work from existing clients and seek new clients for yourself and others.
- Maintain and nurture an appropriate network of contacts and referrers and endeavour to promote the firm in your professional and personal life.
- Gain and maintain good IT and telephone skills appropriate to modern legal practice; such as the ability to use the case management system and other standard applications, record time, use e-mail, conduct research on the internet and use office facilities and the phone system.
Skills & attitude
- In tune with the firm’s mission statement and core values and committed to demonstrating and developing these.
- A team player within the group and firm as a whole.
- Efficient, well organised, and timely.
- Effective communicator by telephone, face to face and in writing.
Experience & education
- Admitted as a solicitor or legal executive or equivalent
- Experience and relevant qualifications for the group
- 3-6 years PQE
- Report to and be supported by the Team Head.
If you are interested in joining our team or would like to find out more about this opportunity, please send your CV and a Cover Letter to Chris Swerling, Head of HR; email@example.com