Our Vacation Scheme is about giving undergraduate law students insight into life as a Trainee Solicitor and our firm’s vision and values. Vacation placements last one week and run throughout July and early August each year. As a Vacation Scheme student you are a potential trainee solicitor and will be treated as such.
Your week will begin by meeting some of the Management team and partners to give you an introduction to the firm and you will be introduced to your ‘buddy’ who will be your guide and mentor while you are with us. You will then work in one or more of our business groups and gain experience through working alongside solicitors and partners. There will be a social lunch / evening during the week and on the final day you will have the opportunity to obtain and give feedback.
What our previous students say:
“Thank you for inviting me to spend the week at SAS Daniels. I am incredibly grateful for the opportunity, it provided me with a real insight into life working here. It has been great to work in different teams and I really appreciate the time each team took to discuss areas of law I had not studied before. They also all sat with me and went through everything I was doing thoroughly to make sure I understood even though they were busy. Thank you for the opportunity, it has certainly exceeded all of my expectations.” (Zoe Worthington)
“I would just like to say a huge thank you to everyone at SAS Daniels for such a fantastic week of work experience. I feel very lucky to have been chosen and to gain such a vast experience of the many teams from Employment and Private Client to Marketing. Each team had so much time for me and would even explain things in great length and for that I am so grateful! I have been really impressed with SAS Daniels, and so I shall definitely be applying for the Training Contract for September 2017.” (Victoria Brown)
Applications and timescales
- We offer around ten Vacation Scheme placements each year with a view to identifying future trainees for the firm. The placements last a week and take place in groups of three of four during July and early August;
- Applications are welcomed from law students and we ask that undergraduate law students apply, at the earliest, in their penultimate year of study;
- Placement appointments will be made on the basis of your application only and successful candidates appointed during May and June;
- The application deadline for Vacation Schemes starting summer 2018 is Friday, 23 February 2018.
Applications for our Vacation Scheme are to be made by CV and a covering letter, no longer than one A4 page, setting out:
- Why you wish to undertake a Vacation Scheme with SAS Daniels;
- Why we should consider your application.
Applications should be emailed to [email protected]
We will acknowledge your application has been received. However, due to the number of applications we receive each year, we will only contact those who have been selected to undertake our Vacation Scheme.
If you have any general enquiries about our Vacation Scheme please contact our Head of HR.