General Practitioners (GPs) manage day-to-day problems and although they are not usually specialists, they should know when to refer a patient to a more specialist doctor. Unfortunately, sometimes general practitioners make mistakes and these mistakes can be devastating.
Have you or a relative suffered an avoidable physical or psychological injury due to the negligence of a general practitioner?
These claims come in many forms and unfortunately, despite the expertise of medical professionals, they are also human and mistakes can be made which can have lasting and sometimes fatal consequences.
We deal with a wide range of claims including:
- Failure to diagnose;
- Misdiagnosis – many illnesses or diseases have symptoms that could indicate other illnesses or diseases. It can also include being told that your condition is much worse than it really is which means that you could end up having treatment that you don’t need;
- Delay in diagnosis or treatment;
- Failure to refer a patient for cancer investigations;
- Failure to make planned referrals;
- Prescribing the wrong medication;
- Failure to review/monitor blood pressure levels;
- Failure to carry out proper tests;
- Providing incorrect medical advice;
- Failure to keep proper medical records;
- Medication errors – some medications can cause harm only for a short period, but some result in serious injury, illness and even death. Prescription mistakes can be made by a general practitioner, hospital doctors or by pharmacies giving out the wrong drugs.
If you are considering making a claim, our specialist team can help. As members of Action against Medical Accidents (AvMA), we ensure that our clients receive the maximum amount of compensation that they are entitled to, for pain, suffering and ongoing care or treatment.
We have an excellent track record for settling claims involving gerneral practitioner negligence. Our team have years of experience in dealing with such claims for victims and their families.
In order to bring such a claim, we usually collate all of the necessary evidence including your medical records and proof of inadequate care and we also consult respected medical experts, which will help us to calculate an appropriate level of compensation.
We don’t believe in obtaining expensive report after report for our clients. We ensure that clients are aware of the any costs upfront before committing to the purchase of any reports.
If you believe you might have grounds for such a claim, please talk to a member of our team.