If you have had an accident at work, which was not your fault causing you injury, you may have a claim for compensation.
Every compensation claim is different and while some are settled within a matter of months, others can take years. Most claims for accidents at work are settled out of court, but some will need to be resolved at court.
Our specialist team can deal with all types of accidents at work, ranging from cuts, burns and soft tissue injuries to catastrophic injuries such as brain or spinal injuries and even fatal injuries.
All employers have a responsibility to protect their employees, contractors and visitors from accidents and injuries. This includes:
- Providing employees with the necessary machinery and tools to complete their jobs;
- Ensuring machines and tools are maintained to a safe condition;
- Keeping the workplace safe and tidy;
- Training all employees required to lift heavy objects to show them how to do this safely;
- Providing employees with any safety wear they require to complete their jobs.
You can also make a claim if your workplace accident or injury was caused by the negligence of another member of staff. That may give rise to a claim against the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority if this was caused by a crime of violence.
We are members of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers so we work hard to ensure that our clients receive the maximum amount of compensation that they are entitled to, for pain, suffering and ongoing care or treatment.
If you believe you might have grounds for such a claim or would like more advice, please talk to a member of our team.