We work with clients to understand, assess their risk allocation strategy and the particular site and build factors that affect each project. After we make that assessment, we draft and amend where necessary all the standard industry forms of contract to suit your project. It may be relatively straightforward to amend the contract (for example to make the JCT Design and Build contract a true design and build contract) or it may take a little more work to provide what you need to suit your needs. We work with contracts such as JCT, NEC3, IChemE, FIDIC, MF/1, ICC (formerly ICE) and others to tailor them to the requirements of our clients. We also provide bespoke contracts should the standard forms of contract not meet our client’s requirements.
Some of the areas we advise on regularly include:
- Pre-construction services;
- Contract provisions on single stage and two stage tenders;
- Design responsibility and duties;
- Change control;
- Events that affect price, programme period and quality of the work;
- Risks arising from neighbouring property and sites with little room to manoeuvre;
- Risks in the ground;
- Existing underground and above ground services;
- Delivering the right floor areas and spatial requirements;
- Off-site risks;
- Limitations on liability;
- Factors introduced by agreements needed with third parties;
- Risks in fit-out and refurbishment projects;
If you would like to discuss this topic in more detail, please contact our Consultant Solicitor, Howard Cornes, on 07971277752 or email [email protected].