SAS Daniels offer robust advice and on-site support for the education sector from a team of employment & HR specialists, backed by our expert employment lawyers.
The Department for Education (DfE) continues to drive greater autonomy for schools and we understand that dealing with employee issues requires expert knowledge and can be time-consuming for your senior team. Our service is proven to give simple access to a team with proven experience of advising on the day to day and strategic challenges faced by schools and academies.
Conscious of the financial challenges for schools and academies, we believe it is essential that we deliver the very best combined resources. To this end, we continue to be committed in offering a high quality and responsive business support service to schools, with pricing options to suit your needs.
We have experience in all aspects of employment law including representing schools in on-site employee related casework, providing you with options and associated risks, so that you can make informed decisions for casework such as:
School and academy HR solutions
- Terms and conditions of employment;
- Maternity, paternity, adoption and shared-parental leave;
- Sickness and absence management;
- Disciplinary, grievance and capability;
- Pay, grading and job evaluation;
- Recruitment and good practice;
- School re-organisation and redundancy;
- Child protection and cases which include referrals to DBS and L.A.D.O;
- TUPE for academy status (Transferee).
We also offer schools and academies access to SAS Protect Online which can be provided to you as ‘bolt on’ to your SAS Protect membership. The system is designed to aid the employer in dealing with general day to day HR issues, as well as encouraging the employees to become more involved in their employment.
As the system is web-based it can be accessed from any device which has internet access including desktops, laptops, mobile phones and tablets.
SAS Protect Online offers the employer the following features:
- A comprehensive list of employees and applicants;
- An easy yet effective way of recording holidays;
- The ability to keep sickness/absence records, including promoting effective procedures;
- To have access to the employer handbook, as well as keeping up to date with legislation;
- To record and maintain comprehensive training records;
- To have access to Employment Law & HR guides;
- Run detailed reports.
We work closely with a leading insurance broker with expertise in advising schools on their insurance needs and they will be able to assist you to find an insurance package tailored to the needs of your school.
School and academy HR administration
- Updates on all employment legislation and policy;
- Updates relating to changes within teacher pay and conditions and national joint conditions of service;
- Access to HR policies and procedures with SAS Protect online.
As well as providing you with Employment Law & HR solutions, our specialist team go the extra mile to bring you Education 360. This service includes employment law advice, SAS Protect, SAS Protect Administration Online, HR Solutions, Insurance and an Education Consultancy Service. We can provide you with not just the legal advice needed for your school but the whole package to make your life easier.
We tailor our service to your school so that it suits your individual requirements. We can offer advice on all five of these areas or just one of these areas to suit your needs.
If you would like further information about our service, please contact our specialist team and we will be happy to advise you.
You can also find out more about our services by downloading our Education 360 leaflet