This policy covers how we use your personal information. We take your privacy seriously and will take all measures to protect your personal information.
This policy covers all data that is shared with us whether directly, via sasdaniels.co.uk or via email.
This policy provides an explanation as to what happens to any personal data that you share with us, or that we collect from you either directly, via our website or via email.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 you can contact our Risk and Compliance Officer, Michael Parnell, who can be contacted via email at [email protected]. He is supported in data protection matters by our Partner responsible for data protection.
Information we collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblog statistics and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you register to receive information such as a newsletter or contact us via the contact us page.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
Use of your information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous matter.
- To provide you with information requested from us relating to our services and to provide information on other services which we feel may be of interest to you if you have consented to receive such information.
- If you are a new customer, we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you only when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for.
- If you do not want us to use your data for ourselves or third parties you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service changes, that may affect our service.
- We may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, so that you can be provided with information about unrelated services which we consider may be of interest to you. We or they may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods that you consented to at the time your information was collected.
- Please be advised that we do not work with any advertisers on our website.
Storing you personal data
- Data we collect from you will be held on your client file or the client file to which you are associated in our case management system. It will be held in accordance with our retention policy.
- Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
- We have put in place significant information security procedures and controls to protect access to, processing and transmission of data, as set out in out Information Management and Security policy. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and the transmission of such data is entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain areas of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Disclosing your information
- Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any business group within our organisation. This includes different service lines.
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
Third party links
You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Please note that any demand for access may be subject to payment of a fee which covers our costs in providing you with the information requested. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below.
We welcome any queries, comments or requests you may have regarding this policy please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].
If you would prefer to write to us then our contact address is SAS Daniels LLP, 30 Greek Street, Stockport, SK3 8AD.