Within our Corporate and Commercial Law team we have expert agricultural solicitors who have a good understanding of the commercial and business issues that affect agricultural businesses, farms and rural commerce.
Whether you trade as a sole trader, a partnership or a limited company, we take time to understand your business and the particular issues that face both businesses and families in the farming community.
We provide the highest quality strategic advice for you and your business to ensure that your business’ interests are dealt with in the most efficient way. We also go the extra mile to help you avoid further disputes or issues in the future.
How can our agricultural solicitors help your business?
We regularly advise our agricultural clients in connection with:
- The most appropriate business structure for your business;
- Company and Partnership formations and the preparation of specialist shareholder and partnership agreements. These are always of the upmost importance and never less so in a family business were the lack of documentation can often lead to misunderstandings and disputes.
- Business re-organisations
- Contracts & trading terms to deal with all aspects of your business
Recent examples of our commercial law work in the agricultural sector include:
- Assisting families restructure the farming business to include moving from a partnership to a limited company. This help minimise personal exposure and risk.
- Helping a farming family avoid a potential costly dispute by recording their wishes in a legally binding contract, so as to cover the potential eventualities that were causing ‘sleepless nights’ for them.
- Preparation of complex shareholder and partnership agreements, which dealt with circumstances that were unusual and particular to the family concerned.
- Drafting contracts to deal with a diversification project.
When it comes to pricing, we are open and transparent and discuss our costs with you at the outset, to ensure that there are no hidden surprises as the matter progresses.
For more information on how we can help your business or to discuss your legal matters, please contact us today.