Failure to ensure compliance with Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) guidance can result in complaints, negative media attention, allegations of abuse, adversely affecting careers, Ofsted inspections and police investigations. Most crucially children can be put at risk of harm. Our HR Consultants and education lawyers ensure that you and your staff comply with the legal requirements through up to date and practical advice.
How can SAS Daniels help with keeping children safe in education?
Our specialist Education Team have a depth of knowledge and experience when it comes to safeguarding children. We can help you by:
- Supporting and advising you on managing allegations against staff;
- Reviewing policy and procedures to ensure compliance and that this is adequately recorded (Note: – an individual school policy is required. A trust policy is no longer sufficient).
- Training so that you and your staff feel confident and know how to act should a safeguarding issue arise;
- Advising you on managing the risks of safeguarding children and reporting any breaches to the regulatory body;
- Attendance at strategy meetings and assisting with discussions involving the Local Area Designated Officer (LADO);
- Assist on the completion of Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) referrals;
- Advising on complex safeguarding issues including child sex exploitation, extremism, FGM and forced marriage.
You will have the advantage of knowing that, with our advice and support, you and your staff will have the confidence and ability to deal with any safeguarding issues as they arise.
Everyone’s experience and knowledge varies and that’s why we take the time to get to know you and the advice provided is tailored to your needs.
For more information on keeping children safe in education or advice, please call our Education Team on 0161 475 7676 or get in touch via our contact form.