Child Maintenance Agreements

Child maintenance, also known as child support, is a consistent financial payment made towards the everyday living costs of the child and is the responsibility of all parents even if a parent does not have contact with the child. This is often a step taken by parents who have been through Divorce or Separation Agreement… Read more »

Children’s Living Arrangements

Child arrangements are more commonly known as child living arrangements, child custody, child residence and child contact. The requirements of children are always of the utmost importance following a family breakdown. The law regarding children focuses on what is in the children’s best interests as opposed to the interested of the parents. At SAS Daniels… Read more »

Child Care


A judge once ordered the return of two little girls to their mother. They had been with their father for 14 months and he cared for them when their mother left to live with someone else. The judge decided that the children should return to live with their mother and the father appealed and lost…. Read more »

Pensions & Divorce

Signing Document

Pensions are complex and it is important that expert advice is received. Some pensions are ‘high risk’ which means lawyers will strongly advise you to obtain a pension report to ensure that the true value of the pension is known. For example public sector pensions and final salary/defined benefit schemes are likely to be undervalued…. Read more »

A Divorce & Financial Assets


Our Family Law team were instructed by a wife who had filed an application for financial remedy. The husband and wife had been married for nine years with no children, they had been separated for 12 months, and she had obtained her decree absolute. She lived in a house that had belonged to her grandfather… Read more »

Children’s Law

Parental Responsibility Order Parental responsibility means all of the rights, duties, powers, responsibility and authority which by law a parent of a child has in relation to the child and property. If you are the father of a child but you are not married to the child’s mother and were not named on the birth… Read more »