At SAS Daniels LLP, we offer specialist employment law support to those working in the Voluntary, Community and Faith Sector (“VCFS”), including charities and religious groups.
We understand that VCFS organisations want to manage their employment relationships as best they can, but often need expert guidance to do so. VCFS organisations often have less resources but come across the complex aspects of employment law more often than those in other sectors. They will often have a mixture of volunteers, paid staff on various contracts and ad-hoc workers, which all need different employment documentation.
We can help to build your confidence in managing these relationships and to create the internal culture you want to achieve. Whether you need advice on taking on your first employee or guidance on the employment implications of winning a tender (or even losing a contract), we will be there to guide you along the way.
Employment Services for the VCFS
We offer a range of services dedicated to the VCFS. These include:
- Employment status advice. For example, if someone who works for you is ‘self-employed’, we can advise on whether this is their legally-correct status.
- Bespoke drafting of documentation for all types of staff to suit your needs. This includes contracts for permanent, fixed-term and temporary staff as well as ad-hoc worker agreements and volunteer letters.
- Advice on day-to-day employee management including dispute resolution, restructures and dismissals.
- Employment support associated with securing and losing contracts. These often involves considerations around TUPE (“Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006”).
- Employment Tribunal representation
SAS Protect is a fixed price employment law and HR support package that can be tailored to suit your organisation’s specific needs.
This is an annual contract which, at its basic level, includes unlimited employment law advice from our specialists, bespoke employment contracts, a staff handbook and access to a maintained HR system. Our SAS Protect package keeps you up to date with all the latest legislative changes that may affect your organisation. We also offer more extensive packages which includes our employment experts providing on-site support for your organisation.
Further information about our SAS Protect support packages can be found on our SAS Protect and HR for Organisations page.
If you would like further information on our employment law services for the Voluntary, Community and Faith Sector and how we can support your organisation, please contact Warren Moores using the key contact card below. Alternatively, complete our contact form and we will get in touch as soon as possible.
Job Title: Associate
Location: Stockport, Macclesfield, Congleton
Phone: 0161 475 1225