how we can help you
Employment law services
For employees, we can give you valuable employment legal advice on your rights, your contract and terms of work, any discrimination or grievance issue and much more.
For businesses, we have our SAS Protect service, a fixed-price employment law and HR package which comes with a dedicated advisor who you can contact whenever you need to.
Our employment law solicitors can also offer support without a SAS Protect package on an ad-hoc basis, taking issues off your hands and freeing you up to focus on running your business.
Employment law advice for individuals & employees
Everyone wants to feel encouraged, supported, and secure in their place of work. Unfortunately, this may not always be the case. Our team of employment law solicitors and legal experts can help you understand your rights and guide you through any employment, HR or workplace law issue.
Our employment law specialists can advise you on:
- Understanding your employment rights
- Worker status
- The redundancy process
- Making a claim against your employer in an employment tribunal
- What to do when you have been approached by your employer with a settlement agreement/non-disclosure agreement
- Negotiating terms of your contract of employment or director/senior executive service agreement
- What to do when you are under investigation by your employer
- How to handle a disciplinary or grievance process
- What to do when you have been dismissed and feel like you have been treated unfairly
- The ACAS pre-claim conciliation process
- What your rights are when you are too ill to work and feel under pressure from your employer to return
- What to do when you feel you have been discriminated against
- The options available when you have suffered from bullying or harassment in the workplace
- Your options when your employer has breached your contract of employment
- Resolving any issues with your pay
- How to approach leaving your current employment
- Any other employment law or HR matter you feel you need assistance with
Employment law advice for businesses & HR teams
It is not always easy to focus on developing a successful business whilst also dealing with employee issues. Whether you’re running a large corporate firm, a small company or a family business, we can help you.
Our team can assist you in all areas of employment law, giving you peace of mind that your HR-related issue is being dealt with in the best possible way.
- Making redundancies and restructuring your business
- Handling a disciplinary or grievance process
- Investigating allegations of misconduct
- How to conduct a fair process to dismiss an employee
- Defending a claim in an employment tribunal
- How to deal with the ACAS pre-claim conciliation process
- Dealing with employees who are on long-term sickness
- Resolving allegations of discrimination, bullying, or harassment
- Dealing with an employee who has breached their contract of employment
- Complying with all current employment law legislation
- Negotiating and drafting settlement agreements when looking to bring someone’s employment to an end on agreed terms
- Employee wellbeing