If you are faced with a potential redundancy situation, or have just been made redundant, we can advise you on all of your redundancy rights as well as explaining the process your employer should follow. Failure to follow a fair and thorough process could mean you are able to bring a claim in the employment tribunal – for example for unfair dismissal.
However, bear in mind that certain rights will only apply once you have completed the qualifying period of two years’ continuous service.
Your Redundancy Rights
- You have the right not to be unfairly dismissed – in practice, this means the right to be consulted and the right to be offered suitable alternative employment where possible.
- With two years’ qualifying service you have the right to receive a statutory redundancy payment.
- You have the right to contractual notice, subject to statutory minimum.
- You may also be entitled to a contractual redundancy payment, if there is an express or implied right to one.
- Regardless of your length of service, you have the right not to be selected for redundancy on certain prescribed grounds as the dismissal will be automatically unfair. We can advise you as to what these grounds are and if they apply in your particular circumstances.
- The right to be informed and consulted in a collective redundancy situation
- With two years’ qualifying service you have the right to time off to look for work or arrange training.
How SAS Daniels Can Help You
Our team of employment law solicitors are experts in advising employees on their redundancy rights. We take the time to get to know you and your situation to ensure our advice is tailored to your specific circumstances.
If the process hasn’t been conducted correctly we can advise you on all of your potential options going forward, such as negotiating a settlement (compromise) agreement or bringing a claim in the employment tribunal.
For more information about redundancy rights, contact our team below and we will be happy to help. Alternatively, you may also fill out our contact form and we will get in touch as soon as possible.