A Will is probably one of the most important documents that you will ever sign. If not, it should be! Everything that you have worked for and built up during your lifetime will be disposed of in accordance with your Will after your death, unless you would rather leave it to the law to dictate who should get your estate. You would never dream of using a rogue builder to work on your house or leave it to fall into disrepair so why would you cut corners with everything that you own by not using a Wills solicitor? We often hear reasons why people don’t have a Will which include:
- “I’m tempting fate.”
- “I’m too young.”
- “I’ve got nothing to leave.”
In response to those reasons we would say that having a Will is sensible especially if you have a family. You’re never too young to have a Will and it is prudent to have something in place should anything happen to you. You have something to leave in a Will as soon as you take out an insurance policy, own a car, house, pension or have savings in the bank. Unfortunately most of us are worth more dead than we are alive!
How can our Wills and Wealth Planning team help you:
- You will see a fully qualified solicitor who will advise you and draft your Will themselves, rather than pass it down to an unqualified person to deal with;
- We are open and transparent about our charges from our initial meeting to the drafting of your Will. We will also give you a choice as to how you wish to pay for your Will;
- Our specialist team have the internationally recognised Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners (STEP) qualification and therefore have the technical knowledge and years of experience in this specific area of law to help you to find a bespoke solution to achieve your aims;
- We do not just ask you what you want and write it down. Anybody (including you) could do that. We will take the time to fully review your family and financial circumstances to find out what is important to you;
- We do not believe that two families with the same circumstances will necessarily have the same ‘one size fits all’ Will;
- Our solicitors are also members of the national organisation Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE) and have experience dealing with the elderly and those with mental capacity issues having worked closely with a number of national charities;
- Once you have made your Will, we will store it for you free of charge.
If you would like to discuss making or updating your Will, please contact our specialist Wills and Wealth Planning team and we will be happy to help you.
You can also view the typical process of making a Will in ourWills and Wealth Planning leaflet