Employment Settlement Agreement

If you have been offered an employment settlement agreement (previously known as a compromise agreement) and you are unsure what to do next SAS Daniels can help you.

What Should You Do with an Employment Settlement Agreement?

If your employer has given you a settlement agreement you must obtain independent legal advice on the terms and effects of the proposed agreement. Without this, the agreement will not be legally binding.

It is important to ensure that you understand all of the options available to you before you sign the agreement such as instructing a solicitor to negotiate better terms on your behalf or bringing an employment tribunal claim.

When it comes to costs, in most circumstances, your employer will contribute towards your legal fees for getting advice on the agreement and this contribution is usually enough to cover all legal fees. However, if the contribution doesn’t cover all costs, it may be possible to increase this fee contribution during negotiations with your employer.

How Can SAS Daniels Help with Your Employment Settlement Agreement?

At SAS Daniels we don’t use complicated legal jargon, we set out clearly what the settlement agreement means – ensuring you only sign the agreement when you feel comfortable to do so.

Our experienced Employment Law and HR team will take you through the terms of the settlement agreement so that you are fully aware of its effect on your individual circumstances. We will also explain any alternative options which may be available to you to ensure you make a fully informed decision as to whether or not to enter into the agreement.

If you are unhappy with the proposed terms in your settlement agreement, we can work with you to negotiate better terms on your behalf and ultimately, aim to get you the settlement which is fair in all the circumstances and in your best interests.

Contact SAS Daniels

For more information about employment settlement agreements, contact our team below and we will be happy to help. Alternatively, you may also fill out our contact form and we will get in touch as soon as possible.